The European Payments Consulting Association (EPCA), founded in 1998, is a pan European association of national consultancy firms. In the year 2000, EPCA was officially registered as a European Economic Interest Grouping (EEIG).
The Association consists of consultancy firms based in various countries including Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary, Italy, Poland and The Netherlands. Their focus is on:
- strategy consulting;
- payments infrastructure and organisation;
- payments product development;
- financial modelling and business-case calculations;
- research and analysis.
CSB Group is the Malta member of EPCA
EPCA has a substantial reach across Europe and has worked with most of the leading players in the payments services industry. Over one thousand leading professionals have gathered at the EPCA summit over the last ten years in order to exchange ideas on innovation and the overall payment services experience. The world of payments is ever changing, and the EPCA summit is the perfect forum to keep up to date, being the right place to exchange best practices, build professional relationships and preview the latest innovations in payments.
CSB Group hosted the EPCA Summit in Malta on the 24th and 25th April 2014.
An award is presented each year at the EPCA Summit, where a panel of consultants selects the bank, sector vendor, telco, merchant or processor that it considers to have made an outstanding contribution to Europe’s payments services sector.
CSB Group specialises in eCommerce and Financial Services. The Group aims high at exceeding expectations through a sound and results-oriented business approach, with a commitment to provide professional services by adhering to the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality.
In the year 2000, CSB Group attracted the first foreign payment gateway to the island, and in 2011 CSB Group attracted the first EMI (Electronic Money Institution) to be licensed in Malta by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA), thus maintaining its position at the forefront of the developments within the eCommerce and Financial Services industry.
CSB Group provides Consultancy and Advisory support in the following areas:
- Licensing of Payment & Electronic Money Institutions (EMIs) including Acquiring;
- Regulatory & Legal aspects of Payment services;
- Introductions to Banks, Merchant Account Set-Up and secure Payment Gateway Services;
- Payment Options Consulting including, direct card acquiring through various Acquirers, global e-wallets and regional payment options, bank transfers, payouts, fraud detection tools / fraud alerts and extensive reporting tools;
- IT Auditing & Assurance including Risk Analysis, Business Impact and Requirement Analysis;
- Designing, Creating, Implementing and Testing Business Continuity;
- Drawing up operational, policies and procedures, and internal control manuals;
- IT security, networking and integration of software and hardware solutions;
- Addressing the impact of regulatory requirements;
- Advising on corporate governance, risk management frameworks and compliance functions;
- Compliance, Client Acceptance and Due Diligence implementation.