We/Us/Our/CSB means CSB Group
You/Your/Yourself means the User of the Website
It sets out how we deal with Your personal data. CSB Group respects Your privacy and seeks to protect Your personal data. The following information describes how we gather and use data. The amount of information CSB Group holds on You and how it uses it depends on Your relationship with CSB Group and which CSB Group service You use, so some of the sections below may not be relevant to You.
Kindly be informed that we will treat your personal data in strict confidence and in accordance with the requirements of the provisions of Data Protection Act, 2001 and also in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which shall be effective as from 25th May 2018.
What kind of data is collected and for which purpose it is being collected and processed
In general, as a user of our Website, You may visit the site without telling us who You are or revealing any information about Yourself. We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personal information, only to usage. You may however choose to provide us with personal information if you complete and submit any of the forms that may be available sporadically on our website. We shall store the data that You provide us and further process it as may be necessary in order to provide You with the particular service you might have requested from us as well as responding to any queries who might have posed.
Our Website also uses a technology called “cookies.” A “cookie” is a piece of software, which may be sent to Your computer and which can be stored on Your system. Cookies enable us to collect information about how our Website and services are being used and to manage them more efficiently. These cookies are created for each session when You visit our website. Until You have registered on CSB Group Websites, the cookie will only track general usage patterns and technical information about Your computer type and will not be used to identify You individually.
The information so gathered through cookies may include:
- the date and time when You access our Website;
- the Website pages that You view and any download that You may make through such pages;
- whether or not such viewing or download is successful;
- the Internet address of the Website or the domain name of the computer from which You access our Website;
- the operating system of the machine running Your Web browser; and the type and version of Your Web browser.
Kindly note that You may reject all or certain cookies that are used by our Website and You may also modify Your Web browser preferences to do so. Nevertheless, kindly note that if You reject all cookies, then You might be unable to use some of the services available on our Website. Moreover, kindly note that You may set Your browser in a certain way in order to be notified when You receive a cookie so that You have the option to choose whether to accept the cookie or not. In this regard, You should note that if You do so, this may materially distort the quality of service and data You receive. Thus, You would be doing this at Your own risk.
If the product You are using has digital certificates/certificate signatures then Your name and related details may be displayed as part of any certificate issued to You. It will be seen by those to whom Your certificate or signature is presented or who rely on it. Your details may also need to be entered into a related status directory of certificates issued.
Personal Data and its Usage
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person which shall be known as the data subject. Kindly note that We will process any personal and/or sensitive data supplied to Us by Yourself, whether orally or in writing, for all or any of the following purposes:
- as necessary to provide You with the information You would have requested from Us, including information about Our services;
- in order to prevent, detect and/or prosecute fraud and any other criminal activity which We are bound to report and to meet any other specific legal or contractual obligations including but not limited to protecting and defending Our rights and property and that of Our clients or users of Our website;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend any legal action;
- for internal risk assessment purposes, internal management, research and statistics, systems administration and the development and improvement of Our properties, Our products and/or services;
- for the protection and promotion of Our legitimate interests and the proper conduct of Our business; and/or
- as may be allowed or required by or under any law.
Moreover, relevant data may be disclosed or shared with Our employees and with Our associates if pertinent to any of the purposes listed above. Kindly note that data shall not be disclosed to unauthorised personnel.
Transfer of personal data
We do not pass on Your details collected from You as a visitor to any third party unless you give us your consent to do so, or in the instances indicated below.
You will be aware however that data sent via the Internet may be transmitted across international borders even where sender and receiver of information are located in the same country. Consequently, data relating to You may be transmitted via a country having a lower level of data protection than that existing in Your country of residence.
- for the purpose of preventing, detecting or suppressing fraud;
- to protect and defend Our rights and property or that of users of Our Website;
- to protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of Our Website;
- to protect the personal safety or property of users of Our Website (e.g. if You provide false or deceptive information about Yourself or attempt to pose as someone else, we shall disclose any information we may have about You in our possession so as to assist any type of investigation into Your actions);
- for any purpose that may be necessary for the performance of any agreement You may have entered into with us; or as may be allowed or required by or under any law;
- for any purpose that may be necessary for the management, maintenance, upkeep of Our Website and the management, maintenance, upkeep of marketing initiatives such as the management of email marketing as well as communications via email.
Kindly note that We do not share Your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
Retention of personal data and rights of the Data Subject
No personal data that we process will be kept longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that CSB holds about You and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Further, you may, where applicable, also have the right to have certain personal data rectified, blocked or erased. Please address any such requests in writing to the Data Protection Officer, CSB Group, Level 3, Tower Business Centre, Tower Street, Swatar, BKR4013, Malta or at [email protected] Kindly note that such request must be signed by Yourself as the data subject to whom the particular data relates.
We use reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of all personal data that we process relating to You and regularly review and enhance our technical, physical and managerial procedures so as to ensure that Your personal data is protected from
- unauthorised access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorised modification; and
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
In this respect, kindly be informed that We have implemented security policies, rules as well as technical measures to protect the personal data that We have under Our control. All Our employees and data processors, who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal data, are further obliged to respect the confidentiality of Our visitors’ personal data. Nevertheless, kindly be aware that by its very nature, the Internet is not a secure medium and data sent via this medium can potentially be subject to unauthorised acts by third parties. Indeed, We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any information passing over Our Website. We shall accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the security of Your data while in transit through the Internet.
Links to Third Party Websites
Kindly be aware that CSB may intercept some mail and e-mails addressed to individuals within CSB. Security of CSB and of its personnel is the reason this might occur. Indeed, We might intercept mail in order to detect and prevent any crime, to identify the correct recipients or to make sure mail is dealt with whilst staff is away from the office. In the case of e-mails, We may reject, delay or remove content from e-mails which have a nature, content or attachments which may disrupt Our systems or because they may pose security issues such as viruses. We may also filter out e-mails which contain certain content on the basis that content is offensive or the e-mail is unwanted or considered spam. In certain circumstances this may unfortunately result in “innocent” e-mails being affected but we do try and reduce such occurrences.
Most e-mail messages sent from CSB have been automatically scanned for viruses and as such should be free from any virus; malicious code; script or other executable attachment. However, the accuracy of scanning products is not guaranteed. The recipient(s) should therefore carry out any checks that they deem to be appropriate in this respect. We cannot be held responsible for loss of or damage to data or other damages, resulting from such actions out of Our control, howsoever incurred. All e-mail messages from CSB are sent in good faith. We cannot be held responsible for any modification that happens by any virus, or other third party after they have been sent. All messages are intended for the recipient only. If You are not the intended recipient specifically identified as the addressee on the email then You should delete the message and all its attachments and You are prohibited from using, reading, disclosing to any person or otherwise acting on the information contained in it and/or its contents in any way and should also notify Us as soon as possible of this fact.
Although CSB take all the necessary steps to ensure your safety and that of your data, We may not be held liable for any loss of data which may be transmitted from your end through email spoofing or similar malicious techniques utilised by third parties.
Security and staff awareness
CSB has developed strict policies governing information technology. These cover areas such as access control, authentication, audit, monitoring, alarms, data storage and back up and transmission standards. CSB’s staff is subject to a code of conduct which requires them to adhere to privacy principles.
Attn: The Data Protection Officer
Level 3, Tower Business Centre
Email: [email protected]
Last updated on 26th February 2018