Get in Touch with NAME
Maltese Citizenship by Naturalisation or Registration can be granted to a non-Maltese person, provided that this person satisfies a number of criteria as stated in the Constitution of Malta and the Malta Citizenship Act (Chapter 188 of the laws of Malta).
Malta Citizenship by Naturalisation
To be able to apply for Maltese citizenship by naturalisation, one of the following conditions must be satisfied:
- A former citizen of Malta;
- Born abroad to Maltese parents who are returned migrants;
- Born in Malta, and hold foreign citizenship, and at least one of the parents is a citizen of Malta;
- Born to parents who were non-Maltese but one of whom or both subsequently acquired Maltese citizenship;
- Born abroad and is a Maltese descendant;
- Maltese citizens or parents, who have authority over a minor may apply for a certificate of naturalisation, on behalf of the said child.
Malta Citizenship by Registration
To be able to apply for Maltese citizenship by registration, one of the following conditions must be satisfied:
- Wife/husband of a citizen of Malta who have been married for at least 5 years and on the date of application are still married and living with the Maltese spouse;
- Wife/husband of a citizen of Malta who on the date of application are still married, but separated de jure or de facto, provided that the spouses lived together for at least 5 years after the celebration of the marriage;
- Widow/widower of a citizen of Malta;
- A former citizen of Malta;
- Son/daughter born prior to 21st September 1964 of a female born in Malta and who became or would have become, but for her death, a citizen of Malta on the said date;
- Son/Daughter born abroad between 21st September 1964 and 31st July 1989 of a Maltese mother, who at the time of the birth of the child was a citizen of Malta;
- The direct descendant, second or subsequent generation, born abroad of an ascendant who was born in Malta whereby one of the parents of the said ascendant was also born in Malta.
As foreigners having our business located in Malta, it did not take long until we realised the importance of local know-how and the value of having the presence of a professional partner that could take care of juridical and financial matters. We can honestly say that choosing CSB as our advisor is one of the best decisions we have made. CSB always delivers great results in a timely fashion and we would give them the best recommendations to anyone that considers starting up their business abroad.
We have had the good fortune of working with Andres and his team at CSB on a variety of citizenship and residency matters for our clients. CSB has given us thoughtful and thorough advice and been an invaluable partner. Despite being many time zones and thousands of miles away, Andres and his team are incredibly responsive and willing to speak at any hour of the day. We would certainly recommend them to anyone seeking best-in-class legal advice related to global citizenship and residency issues.
An independent investment office
We chose Malta as our new permanent home and CSB Group to help us through the residency process. They went way beyond our expectations treating our application as if it were their own. Their service was nothing short of stellar from understanding our needs preparation of the required documentation, and follow-up phase during a period with the sharpest movement restrictions. Malta deserves a place on every investor’s radar, mostly because of the surprising efficiency permeating the place, efficiency which starts with CSB.
I have been using CSB Group in Malta to register our company and our ship under the Malta flag, and have always been completely satisfied with their performance. They do an excellent job, are always punctual, and offer the most competitive rates in Europe! A young and Smart team! We have also involved them on occasion for extra legal jobs, and recently I am using their accounting service to fulfil the VAT requirement and to complete our balance sheets. I'm happy to recommend the services of CSB Group.
Kite Investimenti Limited of Cyclos II
AT YOUR SERVICE
Need our assistance with Citizenship & Residence Planning services?
CSB Group has more than 30 years of experience and the expertise needed to help you with all your immigration service needs.