Get in Touch with NAME
By forming part of an internationally oriented Free Zone’s global network of professional partners, we act as consultants to entrepreneurs and investors interested in incorporating their Free Zone business in Dubai.
Dubai Free Zone
The Dubai Free Zone with which we work was established in 2017 and focuses on a broad range of commercial activities, maintaining its position as one of the most prosperous in the free zone sector. CSB Group continues to support the growth of the business-friendly environment in such Free Zone and upholds its commitment to providing customers with direction, competence, and flexibility.
Apart from serving as a hub for global businesses seeking to establish a presence in the Middle East, the Dubai Free Zone provides a platform for company formation with simplified processes and 100% foreign ownership, making it an attractive option for international entrepreneurs and investors. Its strategic location, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and business-friendly environment all foster an ecosystem that encourages trade, innovation, and economic growth in the region.
Dubai Fact File
Dubai is part of the federation of 7 independent city-states that form the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- The UAE is home to 9.99 million people & more than 200 nationalities;
- The UAE ranks fourth in the World Bank’s “Best Countries to Start a Career”;
- The UAE ranks first in Macroeconomic Stability (WEF Global Competitiveness Report);
- The UAE follows international standards of legal and regulatory procedures;
- The UAE ranks first in the Middle East Global Entrepreneurship Index (GEI) 2020;
- SMEs contributed about 53% to the UAEs GDP in 2019; and
- SMEs comprise 95% of registered companies in the UAE.
Benefits of a Dubai company
The Free Zone that we work with in Dubai is strategically placed in one of the most dynamic business and commercial hubs in the world, thus offering a variety of flexible business set-up solutions for all clients worldwide.
The benefits achieved are that:
- The company will be registered within a special economic area that is governed by its own regulatory framework;
- Goods can be imported and exported free of customs duties;
- Business made with other Free Zones are also excluded from customs duties;
- The Free Zones are business ecosystems where companies are clustered around similar industries and themes to facilitate ease of doing business;
- 100% ownership of commercial enterprises (no need for local sponsors);
- Safe and business-friendly legal framework;
- One-stop-shop for all administrative procedures within the Free Zone;
- Residency visas available for shareholders and employees;
- Professional, Commercial, and Industrial activities can be combined under one license;
- Physical presence of business owners is not required during the incorporation process;
- Full flexibility in up- or down-scaling of the company; and
- Availability of state-of-the-art and flexible office solutions for a wide variety of business requirements.
Process & Duration to set up a Free Zone Dubai Company
The process required for setting up a Dubai company is a straightforward one and can take place remotely, without the need for travelling.
A Dubai company formation process takes around one week to complete following a successful onboarding procedure and includes the following stages:
- Consultation and proposal stage;
- Documentation preparation and processing stage;
- Licence approval and issuance stage; and
- Ongoing client support following the license issuance.
According to the Federal Decree-law that was released in January 2023, the UAE business tax went into force on 1st June 2023. This indicates that companies in the UAE must pay a rate of 9% for taxable business profits that exceed AED370,000.
However, as per the new regulations, existing Dubai Free Zone firms will gain from a corporate tax rate of 0% on qualifying income.
- Salaries and other personal income from employment, interest, and any other personal income from bank deposits or savings plans will not be subject to corporate tax;
- The new tax does not apply to real estate investments made by people in their individual capacities;
- Public authorities;
- Government-run organisations;
- Persons engaged in an extractive business;
- Persons engaged in a non-extractive natural resource business;
- Qualifying public benefit entities;
- Qualifying investment funds;
- Public pension or social security funds that are subject to regulatory oversight of the competent state authority; and
- Juridical persons that are wholly owned and controlled by an Exempt Person.
Bank accounts will be opened at a Bank in Dubai itself. Once the company is set up the client will be assisted and guided accordingly and introduced to a Bank that will best suit the company’s needs. We collaborate with a number of reputable banks in Dubai, including FAB, Masreq and the National Bank of Fujairah.
Shareholders and involved parties of a company registered in the Free Zone that we work with will be eligible to obtain a visa. It normally takes around 7 working days after the submission of all documents, and employment contracts have been signed.
The costs involved in setting up a Dubai Free Zone Company are as follows:
|Dubai Free Zone 1-Year License Packages||Dubai Free Zone Standard Prices for 1-Year License (Inclusive of VAT)|
|Zero Visa License||12,900 AED|
|1 Visa License||14,900 AED|
|2 Visa License||16,900 AED|
|3 Visa License||18,900 AED|
|4 Visa License and above||20,900 AED|
The License prices above are yearly fees.
- Establishment Card – 2,000 AED for the first year, and 2,200 AED each following year;
- Visa – 3,750 AED per visa (valid for 2 years).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Free Zone Companies in Dubai
Can you provide further information about the Free Zone that you work with in Dubai in general?
This particular Free Zone exists to attract international investors to Dubai, to contribute to its economic prosperity, to optimise the benefits of its business-friendly environment and to serve the wider community of the United Arab Emirates. It is the most dynamic and truly international Free Zone Community in the UAE, optimising the country´s strategic location and world-class infrastructure. The Free Zone distinguishes itself by offering a multi-national approach, providing personalised business establishment solutions through a network of Professional Partners and Government Authorities.
What are the main advantages of setting up a business in Dubai’s Free Zones, and how can you help businesses take advantage of these benefits?
With an efficient, secure and dynamic business environment, Dubai is the ideal location for the establishment of businesses that want to position themselves in an ecosystem built for growth. Dubai’s strategic geographic location, global reputation, robust infrastructure and excellent government support have made it an attractive place to conduct business around the world. The Free Zone we work with in Dubai currently offers the best value and most flexible set-up for international businesses in the region with brilliant business exposure. Not only is their administration top-notch, but they also offer state-of-the-art facilities without many of the strict requirements that are hard to meet for start-ups. Among the Free Zones, they have the broadest offering of business activities to choose from and can combine professional, commercial, and industrial activities under one license.
Is banking an issue in Dubai’s Free Zones, and how are we supported in this area?
The Free Zone we work with in Dubai have their very own dedicated banking team who are continuously engaging in new partnerships with banks locally and internationally. They are there for all their partners and they assist fully with opening a bank account in Dubai for our clients.
Dubai’s Free Zones have become known for their ability to attract foreign investment. How does the Free Zone you work with support this initiative, and what makes Dubai an attractive destination for foreign investors?
Free Zones in Dubai are distinct from each other in a number of crucial ways, but the biggest differentiator of the Free Zone that we work with, and arguably what makes it most successful, is its tight, customer-centric approach and its forward looking-approach in creating business set-up opportunities and complete packages for their clients.
What advice would you offer to companies considering setting up operations in Dubai’s Free Zones?
Strategically located at the heart of international markets, Dubai continues to gain prominence as an increasingly significant, relevant, and alluring destination for conducting business for enterprises worldwide. Dubai is also an ideal destination known for its high quality of life that offers both individuals and families a world-class place to work, play, study, and connect. Globally, Dubai is recognised as a safe, secure, and tolerant society that provides a wide range of personal freedoms for the more than 200 nationalities that call it home.
What new initiatives can we expect in the coming years to support businesses in Dubai’s Free Zones?
Amongst many other initiatives, the Free Zone that we work with plans to streamline further the complexities of incorporating companies in Dubai so entrepreneurs and businesses can quickly get to where they want to be, wherever their starting point may be.
We offer the following related services.
"I really enjoyed working with Roger and his team. CSB Group has been very professional and a very efficient corporate services partner. I look forward to more business together and will not hesitate to recommend their top-notch services."
We have had the good fortune of working with Andres and his team at CSB on a variety of citizenship and residency matters for our clients. CSB has given us thoughtful and thorough advice and been an invaluable partner. Despite being many time zones and thousands of miles away, Andres and his team are incredibly responsive and willing to speak at any hour of the day. We would certainly recommend them to anyone seeking best-in-class legal advice related to global citizenship and residency issues.
An independent investment office
We chose Malta as our new permanent home and CSB Group to help us through the residency process. They went way beyond our expectations treating our application as if it were their own. Their service was nothing short of stellar from understanding our needs preparation of the required documentation, and follow-up phase during a period with the sharpest movement restrictions. Malta deserves a place on every investor’s radar, mostly because of the surprising efficiency permeating the place, efficiency which starts with CSB.
We would like to thank Mr Roger A. Strickland Jr., Director of CSB Group, for his support throughout the application process and his team for their excellent work.
CSB has been managing The EveryMatrix Employee Trust since 2022. CSB have vast experience and knowledge in the Trust Management sector and other corporate-related matters. As Trustees, they have continuously and promptly assisted the Trust throughout any corporate-related process involving our wider group of companies. We look forward to continuing this collaboration in the future!
"CSB were very professional in organising and delivering internal online training to our team. They delivered the training with enthusiasm and commitment and were dedicated to addressing all queries from the team. I would recommend them to anyone who needs professional consulting work."
Attard & Co. Industrial Ltd.