Get in Touch with NAME
The Malta Residence by Investment programme allows third-country nationals and their families to gain Malta residence against a direct investment in the country. The programme is the most flexible solution for Private Clients and their families seeking to settle in Europe.
Malta Residence by Investment Programme
Get access to top education, healthcare system and business opportunities in Europe.
The Malta Residence by Investment Programme officially known as the Malta Permanent Residence Programme, allows Private Clients to get a residence by investment in a safe harbour, whilst also gaining access to a top education and business opportunities in a law-abiding country in the European Union.
How to gain Residency by Investment in Malta?
On the 29th March 2021 the Malta Residence and Visa Programme (MRVP) was replaced by a new programme: the Malta Permanent Residence Programme (MPRP) and regulated under the Malta Permanent Residence Programme Regulations (L.N. 121 of 2021).
Non-EU individuals and their families can apply for the Malta Residence by Investment Programme, and be granted residence by investment in Malta. The application’s approval is subject to a background and thorough due diligence check, whilst a qualifying financial criterion needs to be satisfied.
The qualifying investments can be summarized as follows:
Real Estate Requirement:
- Purchase of minimum €300,000 for a property situated in Gozo or in the south of Malta, or €350,000 elsewhere in Malta.
- Rental of minimum €10,000 per annum for a property in Gozo or in the south of Malta, or €12,000 per annum elsewhere in Malta.
The property needs to be held for a minimum of 5 years.
If the property is purchased, the contribution will be €28,000 plus €7,500 for every parent or grandparent of the principal applicant or spouse. If the property is rented, the contribution will be €58,000 plus €7,500 for every parent or grandparent of the principal applicant or spouse.
Make a Donation of €2,000 to a local non-governmental organisation registered with the Commissioner for Voluntary Organisations, or as otherwise approved by the Agency.
Also, an administrative fee of €40,000 per application will be due. Upon submitting the application, €10,000 will need to be paid, and the balance (€30,000) upon the file’s approval.
Proof of Assets
Applicants will need to prove a minimum assets for EUR500,000 out of which a minimum of €150,000 shall be in the form of financial assets.
CSB Group Advisors will give you a capital outlay for the Malta Residence by Investment Programme so you can have the overall costs to apply for residence permit in Malta.
Our team will guide you through applying for the Malta Residence by Investment programme whilst the Consultants from Sotheby’s International Realty will be able to find you the right property to fulfil the investment criteria whilst catering for your family needs.
Benefits of the Malta Residence by Investment Programme
Whilst not the same as the Maltese Exceptional Investor Naturalization (MEIN) regulations, leading to Citizenship in Malta, successful applicants will be issued a permanent residency certificate and then Maltese residence cards. This will grant them the right to reside in Malta and visa free travel within the Schengen Area.
Getting residence through the Malta Residence by Investment Programme is a very important decision for every family’s future. CSB Group Advisory Team will assist in every part of your decision and process the application effectively.
The Maltese Residency by Investment programme will give you and your family:
- A European Base in Malta, for your personal and business life, where you will be able to settle.
- Access to work and study in Malta.
- Flexibility within the EU, with the ability to travel within the Schengen area without applying for a Visa, 90 out of 180 days.
- A lively Mediterranean lifestyle in a safe country.
- 300 days of sunshine, mild winters and warm summers.
Having an alternative residency by investment in Malta is a smart decision for families interested in having a base in Europe, this, in turn, grants families a safe harbour, a Mediterranean lifestyle and top education opportunities.
Qualifying dependents under the Malta Residence by Investment Programme
The Malta Residence by Investment Programme is available to non-EU citizens and their families. The main applicant and his or her dependents can apply, as long as they fit within the legal criteria:
- The spouse of the main applicant;
- Children under eighteen years old, including adopted children;
- Children over eighteen years old, as long as they are not married, economically active and dependant on the main applicant;
- Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or spouse, not economically active and financially dependant on the main applicant;
- Adult children with a disability certified by a recognized medica