The Citizenship-by-Investment Programme of the Federation of St. Christopher (St. Kitts) and Nevis is the oldest program of its kind, with its establishment dating back to 1984. With this programme, the Government of St. Kitts and Nevis attracts investors of good character, granting them citizenship against a substantial monetary or investment contribution.
This programme creates a win-win scenario in which monetary contributions and investments are promoting the development of the Federation while the contributors/investors are being granted a wide range of benefits including but not limited to; asset protection, dual-citizenship benefits, safety during political unrest, safety during disaster and access to visa-free travel to 136 countries worldwide, including the European Schengen area.
Qualifications and General Requirements
The main applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Commit himself to make the established contribution or investment;
- Meet the application requirements;
- Be in possession of a clean police conduct;
- Provide proof of an excellent health record;
- Provide proof that shows a high personal net worth; and
- Be an individual of any nationality EXCEPT Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen and Nigeria.
The application must be accompanied with the following documents:
- A clean police conduct certificate from the country all the individuals party to the applications have resided at in the past 10 years. If one has resided in more than one country, a police conduct certificate has to be obtained from all the countries you have resided at in the past 10 year;
- Two original birth certificates, per individual party to the application;
- Medical certificate with HIV clearance (not older than 3 months);
- A certified copy of the Marriage certificate (where applicable);
- Two professional reference letters from the main applicant (one from an internationally recognised bank and one from an attorney); and
- All documents, if not in the English language, must be translated in English by a certified translator.
The Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- The main applicant and his dependants need to be cleared of any criminal record and a clean police conduct certificate that is not older than 3 months is to be presented;
- The main applicant or any of his dependants, are not individuals indicted before an International Criminal Court or who appeared at any time before an International Criminal Court;
- The main applicant or any of his dependants, shall not be individuals who, at any time, had pending charges related to crimes of terrorism, money laundering, funding of terrorism, crimes against humanity, war crimes, or crimes that infringe upon such Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms;
- The main applicant, or any of his dependants, shall not be individuals who at any time was found guilty, or, at the time of the application, is being interrogated and suspected for any criminal offence;
- The main applicant has to pass the due diligence clearance;
- The main applicant or any of his dependants cannot apply for the Citizenship-by-Investment Programme if they had visa-denial in any one of the countries where St. Kitts and Nevis has visa free-travel agreements. A visa from the same country that denied it has to first be obtained to be able to apply for the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme; and
- The main applicant, or any of his dependants, are not nationals of the Republic of Iraq, Republic of Yemen, Federal Republic of Nigeria or the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
CSB Group assists international clients in obtaining citizenship and residency. Contact us for further information or to arrange for an initial personal consultation.
Due Diligence Fee
For the submission of an application a non-refundable due diligence and processing fee is required:
- $7,500 for the main applicant; and
- $4,000 for every dependant of the main application who is over the age of 16 years
The Investment Required
The applicant has either of the two following options through which one may apply for the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme:
Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF) Contribution
- The main applicant has to contribute to the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF) with a non-refundable charity donation of $250,000;
- If the main applicant has up to three dependents included within the application (i.e one spouse and two children), a non-refundable charitable donation of $300,000 is required;
- If the main applicant has up to five dependants included within the application (i.e one spouse and four children below the age of 18), a non-refundable charitable donation of $350,000 is required;
- If the main applicant has up to seven dependants included within the application, a non-refundable charitable donation of $450,000 is required; and
- If the main applicant has more than seven dependants included within the application, an additional non-refundable charitable donation of $50,000 for each dependant is required;
The above amounts are inclusive of all Government fees payable for the main applicant and his or her dependants.
Real Estate Investment
— The main applicant has to invest in a pre-approved estate project with a minimum real estate investment of $400,000.
— On approval of an application made through a real estate investment, the following Government fees are applicable:
- An additional $50,047 for the main applicant
- An additional $25,047 for the spouse of the main applicant (if applicable)
- An additional $25,047 for each dependant child of the main applicant (under 18 years of age); and
- An additional $50,047 for each dependant child of the main applicant who is over the 18 years of age and/or for each dependant parent who is over the 55 years of age.
- Property must be held for a minimum of 5 years.
There is no minimum residency requirement applicable for the main applicant, or any of his dependants with respect to St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme. One can directly qualify for citizenship.
After the completion of the application forms, supporting documents and the payment of applicable fees, the application process time is approximately 4-6 months.
60-day Accelerated Process
As of October 2016, the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship-by-Investment Programme offers a faster 60-day processing period. Applying for the accelerated process will still require all mandatory criteria to be met, however an accelerated treatment is carried out by the relevant authorities, i.e the Citizenship by Investment Unit, Due Diligence Providers and the St. Kitts and Nevis Passport Office.
To opt for this process, the following fees are applicable:
- $25,000 for the main applicant;
- $20,000 for every dependant above the age of 16 years; and
- $500 for every dependant under the age of 16 years.
For further information about how CSB Group can assist you with the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme, kindly forward your query to [email protected]